Born in South Africa, Bred in the Bush
Big Country started out as a company primarily focused on vehicle accessories for Land Rover Defenders. We have since expanded to a more diverse range of accessories for a wider variety of vehicles.
Today, our business operates out of two separate sites. A manufacturing facility in Waltloo Pretoria, and a Sales/Distribution/Fitment Centre in Kempton Park.
Our Sales/Distribution/Fitment Centre
Situated on a secure premises in Pomona, Kempton Park with a foot print of over of 1200sqm. Besides being the National Distribution Centre for all Big Country products, this premises also offers a Fitment Centre and Show Room. Customers are welcome to visit the product showroom on any week day during business hours to see our product range. For those longer fitment operations, or for customers who need to store their vehicles in between trips, our secure premises offers a safe space where their precious vehicles can be kept and maintained overnight or long term. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on long term storage arrangements.
Our Manufacturing Facility
With a foot print of over 3000sqm, this facility is responsible for the manufacture of all Big Country products, employing the use of the following:
- Solidworks 3D modelling and design software as a crucial component in the design and manufacture of all products.
- State of the art laser cutting machine.
- Complete aluminium fabrication and TIG welding department
- A production assembly line for drawer systems, fridge sliders and other accessories
- Steel and stainless steel TIG and MIG welding equipment
- Spray booth
- Canvas and nylon fabrication machinery
- Sheet metal bending machinery